January 3, 2015
Just wanted to post a quick shout out to my other blog, Coyote and Wolf, whereupon I blog various essays and diatribes about politics and ethics.Check it out, y’all!
Also, since Yggdrasil has been relatively inactive and infrequently updated of late, here’s a short list of projects I’m working on and will likely finish in the coming months:
– Apothecary, my herbal medicine card game, redone in higher resolution and color
– Bas-Lag: The Campaign Setting, based on the works of China Mieville
– Bamboo!, a zine concerning all the thousands of utilitarian uses of bamboo in relation to bushcraft
– Vampire - Danse Macabre, a faithful adaptation and shameless ripoff of Vampire: the Masquerade, for Saga
– My own adaptation of cyvasse, the chess-like game from the Song of Ice and Fire books
– My very first gamebook, Moonshadow and the Quest for the Yellow Lotus, an adventure in the Hyborian Age concerning indigeneity, de-colonization, and feminist themes
– an updated 5th edition of the Saga core rulebook
– maaaaaaaaybe, just maybe, I’m going to start work on a post-apocalyptic M:tG clone, if there’s enough interest and I have enough time
Stay tuned, friends! There’s a lot of good things coming in 2015.
July 1, 2014
I hadn’t really planned on updating or altering the anarchist M:tG project again, but got inspired this past weekend and did just that. The newest version (4th edition) fixes some broken text and card mechanics, changes a little art and flavor text, and generally polishes the entire project. Anarchist M:tG 4th Edition also contains an entirely new (and equally overpowered) card: “No Gods, No Masters!” Behold the awesomeness!
Visit the Collectible Card Games page for free downloads.
May 29, 2014
I finished writing and publishing the first edition of the Theros supplement prior to Wizards of the Coast finishing the Theros block. Just so, with the release of the Journey to Nyx expansion, Wizards has added 10 new deities to the Theran pantheon, which substantially alters the information in the first edition Theros supplement.
A second up-to-date version is now available, containing detailed information on the entire pantheon of Theran deities, their personalities and domains, and the cults of worshippers dedicated to them. For free downloads, click Theros or visit the Roleplaying and Wargaming Page.
December 22, 2013
Thanks to the helpful input and constructive criticism of the legendary Sam Danielson, Yggdrasil is proud to announce the first expansion set for our newest game,WASTELANDER. The Road Warrior Expansion brings dozens of new critters and human enemies to the wasteland, including a number of infamous characters (and locations) from the second Mad Max movie, The Road Warrior. This expansion also offers a handful of new weapons, a few new places to explore, and a controversial and coveted resource in the apocalyptic wasteland – HARD DRUGS!
This expansion adds 40 Wasteland Deck cards and 16 Loot Deck cards, and is NOT a standalone game. The WASTELANDER core set is required to use this expansion.
Free downloads are available on the Collectible Card Games Page.
December 5, 2013
I’ve been working on this project for well over a year now, so I am extremely pleased to release WASTELANDER, a post-apocalyptic survival card game! In Wastelander, players either compete or cooperate to stay alive and thrive in the post-collapse wasteland, using a combination of combat, diplomacy, stealth, and trade. This game draws heavily from sources such as Mad Max, the indie comic Wasteland, and the Fallout series of computer games, and it plays very similarly to Steve Jackson Games legendary card game Munchkin.
For free downloads, please visit the Card Games Page, or click the following links. ENJOY!
November 5, 2013
Due to my ongoing homelessness, everything I’ve been working on for Yggdrasil Distro has been super slow-going. Just writing this quick post to let fans and readers know that Yggdrasil Distro is still an active project, and that new literature and games will be made available in the near future.
April 27, 2013
Once again (and hopefully for the last time), I’ve redone the Anarchist M:tG Commander deck that I made some time ago. This edition was made with Magic Set Editor 2 (unlike previous editions), so the cards are actually high-res, professional quality cards with legit backgrounds, text, flavor text, and so on. Also, the mechanics of the deck have been redone and play-tested, so the deck should be intensely competitive without being “broken”.
Please visit the Card Games page for more information and free downloads. Or, to jump right in, click the download links below:
April 19, 2013
I’ve been toying with the idea of a Hyborian Age Magic: the Gathering expansion for some time, and I’ve finally concluded that it’s an excellent idea. I’ve done around 50 cards now, and I’m anticipating between 100-200 when it’s done.
In other card-game related news:
1. I will be re-re-redoing the anarchist M:tG expansion, this time with professional quality and greatly improved mechanics. The first two editions of the anarchist expansion I’ve done were done without the help of Magic Set Editor 2, much to my great dismay. This edition, however, will be done entirely with that program, yielding a much higher quality.
2. I will be finishing Wastelander. Yes, seriously. I know it’s taken, like, a year or two, but I will finally get around to finishing it.